My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click on the image to view my website

Monday, November 4, 2019

Post 9: My Website and Social Media Pages

I took inspiration for my website design from Khalid's and Ed Sheeran's website


Conventions
-Logo Placement
Logos are typically placed on the upper part of the page so as the viewer scrolls through different tabs they know  

-Clear Naming
Sometimes when creating a website, creativity sacrifices clarity. Cute and clever naming is fun and catchy, but users want information first, cute second. 

-Main Navigation
The Main Navigation normally appears in a bar across the top of the site. This convention is another that, if broken, may frustrate users. If directions are too complicated or not there at all, users will become discouraged and leave your site.

-Button Functionality
A button is a great feature to include in your web design because they are extremely intuitive. They look 3D and clickable, making it clear that you should, in fact, click them. But! Be sure that all buttons actually link to something. A button that doesn’t cause anything to happen will be confusing to users.

-Standard Icons
Icon conventions are particularly useful because they provide a clear explanation without words. An envelope icon signifies email, a shopping cart or bag icon signifies the checkout page, and social media icons signify social sharing. But icons only work if they are common enough that no explanation is necessary. Replacing a shopping bag icon with a rainbow may get points for originality, but your users will most likely be more than a little confused.

-Visual Hierarchy
We encounter visual hierarchies dozens of times per day: newspapers, billboards, invitations, even cereal boxes use this hierarchy to let us know what to read first, which information is the most important and what comes next. Using visual hierarchy on the website brings readers back to this familiar structure. Processing the page becomes almost automatic and users know where to go. Losing this hierarchy is only going to confuse viewers.
-Link Styling
Clicking links has become second nature for web users. Users want to know instinctively what’s clickable and what isn’t – as soon as the rules are broken, it becomes confusing and forces users to think. A classic link typically appears as underlined text like this.  Text in a different colour and underlined text can also signify links. This means you should not underline words that aren’t links, and avoid using different coloured texts for non-links. 

My Plans for my website

A basic sketch to help visualise what overall house style I wanted



I based my design around the a strips design similar to what Khalid has. Each section would have a strip with the starting letter of the title as a signifier for each section. I went for a bright and colourful colour scheme as it suits the joyful nature of my artist. Following the conventions of the other websites I had scene I added the following sections to my website:
Music, Music Videos, Socials, 

No comments:

Post a Comment